Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is a Halloween freebie. I decided to go with the theme Halloween Literary costumes.
1. Effie Trinkett from the Hunger Games: I'm sure most people would choose Katniss, but think of how much fun it would be to put on a ridiculous amount of makeup, and the weirdest outfit you can find. That would be how I'd do Effie. I'm not usually a big person on getting dolled up, but I love the idea of dressing up in something crazy like her.
Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter: I know I went trick or treating as a Hogwarts student once in elementary school, but if I had the chance, I would do it again this time as Luna. I love all of her cute little accessories and quirks. Actually, the older I get, the more I love and adore Luna.
3. Max from Where the Wild Things Are: This would be a costume for my son. I adore this book, and Max is my son to a tee! Plus, this costume is so cute and snuggly. I just love it. I almost did Max this year, but I think next year he'll be the perfect age at 2.5.
4. Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass: How awesome would it be to dress as a beautiful assassin for Halloween. It'd be downright breathtaking!
5. Viola Swamp from Miss Nelson is Missing: I have a confession. I did this on Book Character Day last year at work. I read the book to my kids the day before, then came in dressed as Viola the next day. My kids thought it was hilarious, when I pretended to be mean and terrifying.
6. Fifty Shades of Gray: This costume just cracks me up. I'd never think to do this. I could see my husband doing something like this though.
7. White Witch from Chronicles of Narnia: Another character that would be so much fun to do. Getting the long flowy white gown and putting the white hair spray in my hair. I could make myself look terrifying!
8. Peter Pan's Shadow from Peter Pan: I stumbled upon this one yesterday while looking for pictures and had to replace one of my other choices with it. How genius is this costume?! You see a million Peter Pans, so I could pair up and have a blast messing with one!
9. Moaning Myrtle from Harry Potter: This is another fun Harry Potter character. I love the idea of the toilet seat!
10. Dorothy from Wizard of Oz: Yes I know this isn't very original. But I love everything about this book, movie, play, whichever version. I LOVE IT. It helps that I played Dorothy in middle school in a play, so I'd have the costume... yes I still fit in my middle school clothes. I stopped growing in 5th grade.