Review: All Summer Long by Susan Mallery

Saturday, March 1, 2014

All Summer Long
Susan Mallery
Series: Fool’s Gold #9
Published by Harlequin July, 2012
Rating: ★★★★★

Summary: (taken from Barnes and Noble)
Former underwear model turned entrepreneur Clay Stryker has loved, tragically lost and vowed that he'll never risk his heart again. After making his fortune, the youngest of the rugged Stryker brothers returns to Fool's Gold, California, to put down roots on a ranch of his own. But he's frustrated to discover that even in his hometown, people see him only for his world-famous assets.

Firefighter Chantal (Charlie) Dixon grew up an ugly duckling beside her delicately beautiful mother, a feeling reinforced long ago by a man who left soul-deep scars. Now she has good friends, a solid job and the itch to start a family—yet she can't move toward the future while she's haunted by painful memories.

Clay finds an unexpected ally, and unexpected temptation, in tomboyish Charlie, the only person who sees beyond his dazzling good looks to the real man beneath. But when Charlie comes to him with an indecent proposal, will they be able to overcome their pasts and find a love that lasts beyond one incredible summer?

Links:
Amazon Barnes and Noble (I will edit with goodreads later... the website appears to be down today)

Cover Comments:
The couple on the cover is not what I pictured Clay and Charlie to look like. I’m not sure who they are, but it isn’t the people I was reading about in the book. In general, I love this new style… I think I’m just picky about the fact these covers have nothing to do with the story.

My Review
When I wrote my review for Summer Nights, I’m pretty sure I said the set up was leading to this book being a favorite. I was 100% correct. I LOVED this book. It was just so sweet and easy. A lot of contemporary romance novels have the setup where the main couple spends 90% of the book denying their feelings for each other. This book had none of that. Clay and Charlie were there to support the other literally from the first page.

Charlie has had a hard life when it comes to trusting men. I won’t go into why, but let’s just say she has never opened herself up to a man before. She decides she wants a family though, and before adopting a child she wants to make sure she heals herself. Maybe not find love, but at least find a man she trusts completely. So, she asks Clay to help her out. He’s the only man she has met that she genuinely likes so it makes sense. Clay agrees and their love story begins.

Clay is perfect. Honestly, a perfect man… he’s great looking, sweet as can be, and completely loyal to those he loves. He was almost too perfect really, but it’s a book, he’s allowed to be right? He is definitely my favorite of the Stryker brothers.


I think what I liked most about this book is the lack of drama. There is some don’t get me wrong, but the book is mainly focused on helping the couple to heal and find their place in the world. I thought that was a nice breath of fresh air. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that is a fan of contemporary romance. Susan Mallery knows what she is doing when she writes her books and they are always enjoyable light reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS