Stacking the Shelves

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme held by Tynga's Reviews! It's meant to share your new books, or things that have happened over the last week.
 My Week:
2 months! Hooray!
Before I jump into my week in books, I figured I'd update you on my life. L turned 2 months yesterday and had to go to the doctor. He now weighs 11 lbs. 3 ozs. and is 23 inches long. He also passed all the little development tests with flying colors! I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He had his first set of vaccines too, poor guy. It led to a low-grade fever last night and lots of crying. No time for me to read sadly. Luckily, he seems much better today.

I made some dorito crusted chicken nuggets for dinner this week. They were delish! All you do is, cut up some boneless chicken breasts, roll them in flour, then egg white, then crushed up doritos. Put them on a baking sheet, and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Pretty easy, but very messy to make. My fingers were so sticky by the time I had everything ready to go in the oven. But my husband liked them, so I figure that will go into the repeat dinner list.

Library Finds

  • White Hot Kiss - I got the first copy as soon as it came in! I'm reading it now and loving it so far!!
  • Mind Games - I have been meaning to read this for awhile, so I picked it up when I saw it.
  • Chosen at Nightfall - I've been putting this one off. I didn't want the series to end because it's one of my favorites. Since the spinoff series comes out next month I think it's safe to finish it though.
  • Down in the Valley - I was halfway through the Virgin River series before I noticed there was a prequel trilogy, so now I'm going back and reading it.
  • A Fool's Gold Christmas - the next book in the Fool's Gold Series. I will catch up on these!
Netgalley



  • Endless - Started this one, and it's pretty good so far
  • Clipped Wings - This one has a high rating on Goodreads, so I'm looking forward to it.
  • Breaking Free - this is non-fiction about modern day slavery. Sounds really good!
  • Syphon's Song - A new trilogy coming out, I can't wait to start it.
  • Dark Promise - Another new paranormal series. I think this was release a couple of years ago, but it being rereleased with a new cover.
  • If Only - Sounds like a really cute New Adult Book coming out!
Reviews:

9 comments:

  1. Clipped Wings sound interesting! Your little man is so cute!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. BREAKING FREE has a beautiful cover. And congrats on the little guy turning two months! Happy reading, Alexis :)

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a cutie! :D

    I liked Mind Games pretty well... it reminded me a bit of the television show Nikita, which I love!

    Happy reading... and thanks for stopping by The Hiding Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Your son is soooo cute! Hope he's feeling better after all that!

    And yay books! I loved how Chosen at Nightfall ended! I was 100% satisfied with its ending and am soooo looking forward to Della's book this spring!

    And ooooomg how I loved White Hot Kiss! Hope you're enjoying that one!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, your little dude is ADORABLE! I live 5 minutes from my 1 and 3 year old niece/nephew so I get to be a doting aunt and it's fabulous. Little kids are the best of ever. Also awesome haul! (Heh, can't forget the books...) I want to read Mind Games! :) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! Your son is so cute! I love the look of Clipped Wings and the cover is gorgeous too. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have gathered the whole Fool's Gold series but haven't had time to start reading it yet. I need some time without review book commitments! Come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read White Hot Kiss. Enjoy your new titles! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dark Promise looks interesting. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions .

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS