Link up here
First, I know this was last week's theme. But I was on vacation and already had it typed up. So I'm posting it this week instead of the great book bloggers theme this week. Sorry!
I tried to mix things up some, I had quite a few multiple books in a series that I have recently marathon read with 5 stars. For those, I just gave one book in the series. I also did not include the rereads I have recently done. Only first time reads were included... so here are my top 10 most recent 5 star reads!
1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - I finally read this book this month, and just as I expected... I LOVED it. It was phenomenal. I can't put into words how much I enjoyed it.
2. End of Days by Susan Ee - This is the final book in the Penry and the End of Days series... and definitely my favorite of the series. I really enjoyed the whole series. I marathoned through because I couldn't live with the cliff hangers. They are pretty quick reads and I highly recommend them.
3. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury - I loved loved loved loved loved this book. It will definitely be one of my favorite reads this year.
4. The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace - I really enjoyed this book. I was between 4 and 5 stars.. but I rated up because I loved it. This is a great fantasy story about a young girl that comes from a family of carnival people or gypsies if you will.
5. Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes - This is the 4th book in the Falling Kingdoms Series and this series just keeps getting better and better. This is my favorite in the series so far and I cannot wait until the end of the year for the 5th book.
6. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I loved this series. Probably more than I enjoyed the Lux Series. I couldn't put it down... it helps that I'm kind of in love with Aiden.
7. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - This is not my typical book. I'm not a big sci-fi person. But, I loved how unique and engaging this book was. It was so wonderful.
8. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard - I think if you read my review, I gave this one 4 stars.. but I bumped it up to 5 stars... because I really loved this book. I cannot wait for the sequel... why is 2017 so fa away?!
9. The Rising by Kelley Armstrong - This is the final book in the Darkness Rising Trilogy and I really enjoyed this series. I read all 3 books in 2 days. I haven't read any of Armstrong's other books but I plan to soon.
10. To all the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - I've been on a total fantasty kick recently, but I did really enjoy this duology, especially this first book. Such a cute cute read. Great for spring contemporary moods if you are looking for that.