Review: Until November by Aurora Rose Reynolds

Monday, February 1, 2016

25349802Until November
Aurora Rose Reynolds
Series: Until (#1)
Published: December 26, 2013
Rating: 

Summary: (Taken from Goodreads)

November is looking forward to getting to know her father and the safety of a small town. After leaving the big apple and her bad memories for Tennessee, November starts working for her dad at his strip club doing the books. The one time she’s allowed there during club hours she runs into Asher Mayson. He’s perfect until he opens his mouth and makes assumptions. November wants nothing to do with Asher but too bad for November fate has other plans. Asher Mayson has never had a problem getting a woman that is until November. Now all he can think about is making November his and keeping her safe.

Links
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes and Noble

Cover Thoughts
Well, it's a typical romance novel cover. I'm just glad I have an ereader. I'd never be able to read books with covers like this in public.

My Thoughts
This was kind of a spur of the moment read. After I posted my Top Ten books I didn't get to in 2015, I started actually going through a few of them. When I started looking at the book Until July I realized it was a spin off series about the daughter of the couple in this book... obviously, I had to read this series first. What I'm saying is, I picked this one up on a whim and knew pretty much nothing about it before I picked it up.

This is a fun read. I will give it that... there is very little plot, but lots of fluff and romance. Exactly what I was in the mood for. But, I was kidn of letdown. A lot of people who love Kristen Ashley, love this author as well. I didn't love her though. It honestly felt like she took a book by Kristen Ashley, broke it down, and rewrote it with her own characters instead. I mean, it was down to small details that I felt just copied Ashley's style. It was kind of annoying. Yes, Kristen Ashley writes basically the same story over and over using the same layout... but it is her style, and she has it down to an art. It's fun, silly, and completely original... or it was when she first popped up a few years ago. Reynolds hasn't created her own writing style, she just copied Ashley's and not as well in my opinion.

Once I realized how copy cat the book was, I had a hard hard time enjoying it. I liked November and I liked Asher... I wanted to see more though. More development from her side characters. It felt like I missed a lot. One minute November is meeting her boyfriend's brothers. The next is 6 months later and they reat her like their own little sister. I wanted to SEE the relationships developing, and I didn't get to. It made me kind of bitter.

So yeah, if you want  a quick fun read sure this one is fun, but I think there are better ones out there. This read like a Kristen Ashley fanfiction, not an original story. Kind of makes me sad to see authors afraid of developing their own voices.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS