Waiting on Wednesday: Flamecaster

Wednesday, March 2, 2016


23253083Flamecaster
Cinda Williams Chima
Series: Shattered Realsm #1
Publishing: April 5, 2016

Summary: (Taken from Goodreads)
Adrian sul’Han, known as Ash, is a trained healer with a powerful gift of magic—and a thirst for revenge. Ash is forced into hiding after a series of murders throws the queendom into chaos. Now Ash is closer than he’s ever been to killing the man responsible, the cruel king of Arden. As a healer, can Ash use his powers not to save a life but to take it? 

Abandoned at birth, Jenna Bandelow was told that the mysterious magemark on the back of her neck would make her a target. But when the King’s Guard launches a relentless search for a girl with a mark like hers, Jenna assumes that it has more to do with her role as a saboteur than any birth-based curse. Though Jenna doesn’t know why she’s being hunted, she knows that she can’t get caught.

Eventually, Ash’s and Jenna’s paths will collide in Arden. Thrown together by chance and joined by their hatred of the king, they will come to rescue each other in ways they cannot yet imagine.

Set in the world of the acclaimed Seven Realms series a generation later, this is a thrilling story of dark magic, chilling threats, and two unforgettable characters walking a knife-sharp line between life and death.

Why I'm Waiting:
I'm in a fantasy mood right now, and this one coming out next month sounds really good. I'm actually going tobe starting Chima's Seven Realms series later this month for a contest. I've heard amazing things about it, so I'm super excited to read that series and start her new one. 

Have you read her older series? I'd love to hear your thoughts on them! What are you waiting on today?

3 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Haven't read this series! Hope you enjoy this one once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is amazing! I have not read anything by the author but her books' covers are gorgeous. Great WoW choice - I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a lovely week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fantasy reader, but I love how this book sounds.
    I hope you enjoy it when you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS