Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie!

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

You can link up here.

This week is a freebie, so I decided to do a topic they did way back in 2011. You see, there are quite a few books I wish I could completely forget everything about, just so I can re-experience the thrills of that first read. They should make an elixer for selective forgetfulness. Anyways, as I'm sure you can tell, my theme this week is Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time.

The Negotiator (O'Malley, #1) Twilight (Twilight, #1)  On the Island (On the Island, #1) Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)

The Sea of Tranquility Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1) The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) Confess

1. O'Malley Series - These are Christian Romantic suspense books. I LOVED them when I was in 8th grade and tore through the whole series. I still have every single book today. They are wonderful, but I know them forwards and backwards now.
Twilight Series - Guys, I LOVED these in high school when they first came out. I mean, yeah, now they aren't my favorite books... but I want to recapture that obsessive feeling I had with them. It kind of reminds me of being young and naive.
3. On the Island I love this book. I really do. It is one of my top 10. It is just wonderful. That is all.
4. Throne of Glass Series I just finally read this over the summer and I love them. I plan to hopefully reread the whole series before the new bok comes out at the very end of September. Once again, these are in my top ten books now.
5. Rock Chick Series I don't know what it is about these books. They are hilarious, ludacrous, and honestly not that well written. But, I love them. I eat them up. If I need a read that is garaunteed to make me happy, these are what I pick up. I like Kristen Ashley's newer stuff too, but these are my favorites by her.
6. The Sea of Tranquility Another top 10. God, I LOVED this book. I actually only read it once, back when it first came out and no one had heard of it. I'm planning to reread it this year because I don't remember much about it.. just the basic plot and that I LOVED it. Katja Millay, please release another book... please.
7. Harry Potter Series Um, well duh. FAVORITE BOOKS EVER. Enough said.
8. A Kingdom of Dreams After reading Outlander, I went through a medieval, Scottish Highlander Romance kick. I read all of the popular ones. This one is probably my favorite of the bunch, including Outlander which I loved.
9. Hunger Games I just want to experience the pain again without knowing what will happen. A reread of this book will never be as good as the first read was.
10. Anything by Colleen Hoover I love her books, there is always that perfectly tossed in shock value too, that won't ever get you like it does the first time you read it. Although, I probably wouldn't want to reread Ugly Love that book broke me in so many places, I cried for days... it was not pretty. My son was still a bitty baby and I just couldn't deal (post baby hormones and all of that). It was too personal for me. Otherwise, I love all of her books.

Going with that last pick, did anyone see her post about how emotional writing It Ends With Us has made her? I'm kind of scared to read it now. She gets me right in the big feels. If she can't even handle it, how am I going to handle it?

So that was my free week pick. What theme did you go with this week? I had to pick this one because I might have spent too much time in my life wishing I could experience some of these for the first time in my life again. I look at them wistfully and dream... I'm weird I know.

5 comments:

  1. I'm rereading Harry Potter right now and it is SO not the same as the first time through. The first time I read the books they were completely magical and amazing. And now that I know what goes down, I don't like them as much!! Now of course I still LOVE them hardcore... but just a tad of that magic and perfection has gone away :( I want to read The Sea of Tranquility for the the first time sometime soon. I always forget about it, but I've heard such wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I wish I could read a lot of books for the first time!
    I adored THG and The Sea of Tranquility. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Great choice of topic this week. I always love freebie week as people always do such amazing topics! I completely agree with so many of these myself. I would really love to experience the whole Harry Potter series for the first time again. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!! But I'm glad I got to grow up with it, it wouldn't be the same reading it now. Also wish I could reread The Sea of Tranquility, Throne of Glass, The Hunger Games and Confess.

    Here's my TTT post if you want to check it out. I picked non-book romances I would love to see get book adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh fun topic! And YES to Harry Potter!! That would make my list every time!!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost all of these books (except Harry Potter) are on my TBR pile now, so this is a great list !!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/valentine-theme-buy-box-for-february.html

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS